What you need;
- Oranges- 3/4 large
- Sugar- 3 small cups -plus extra for rolling
- Peel your oranges cut into strips -keep most of the pith on otherwise they will be too thin
- Cover the strips in cold water bring to the boil and discard the water -repeat this twice -this will remove the bitterness
- Combine 3 cups of caster sugar with 1 cup of water bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, add orange and cook until the orange becomes translucent -this may take anywhere from 30-75 mins...
- Remove peel, allow to dry 12-24 hours (depending on humidity) then roll in caster sugar -store in an airtight jar
- You can keep the sugar syrup in a jar and use it on desserts or in a cocktail.