What you need; Serves- 4
- Fruit of your choosing - for this crumble 2 very large/ 4 medium sized pears, 8-10 small plums and a large cup full of poppas raspberries frozen from last Summer
- 1tsp ground cardamom -optional
- 110g plain flour
- 85g brown sugar
- 55g butter cubed/grated
- Put the oven on to 180'C
- Cut your fruit into small-ish pieces...not too small or it will lose it's shape
- Pop into pot with a tsp of brown sugar, on a medium heat, bring to a simmer-even though you will feel like you need to add water -don't! The heat will draw the juices from the fruit.
- Next make the topping by putting the flour and butter in a bowl and 'rubbing' as with pastry to achieve a crumb consistency -then add your sugar and mix through
- You can play around with the crumble topping - why not add some roasted crushed nuts, oatflakes, seeds...
- When your fruit has had a few mins to simmer pop into desired oven proof dishes and sprinkle a good layer of crumble on top -don't fill them up too high as the fruit usually bubbles up
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins -brown under grill if you need to
- Enjoy with cream or custard in large quantities.
- Apple, Blackberry & Cinamon
- Hunza Apricot, Pear & Cardamom
- Quince, Apple & Nutmeg
- Whatever & Tickles Your Fancy :) x